TWRA Boating Safety Exam
What You Need to Know
- Call 931-375-6502 or click here to schedule an appointment.
- You must have a scheduled appointment to take the test.
- Bring your Type 600 Boating Exam Permit (This can be acquired from Ted's Sporting Goods, Maury County Clerk's Office, Walmart, local marinas, etc.) The Type 600 costs $10 and cannot be purchased at the library.
- No one under the age of 11 years may take the exam.
- In order to pass you must answer 48 out of 60 questions to pass.
- If you do not pass, the exam can be administered twice in one day at the proctors availability.
- The test is administered online (and thus requires basic computer knowledge); no paper or pencils are necessary.
- Upon passing the library proctor will issue a validation sticker which will be placed on the back of the Type 600 Permit.
- This is a temporary certificate, and a permanent will be mailed in 2 to 3 weeks.
If cheating is suspected or seen the test will be stopped and you may not return for 14 days to re-take the exam and your name will be reported to TWRA to discipline at their discretion.
Visit https://www.tn.gov/twra/boating/boating-education.html for more information.