The Maury County Public Library’s annual pumpkin carving contest is making its return this year October 1st – October 28th. As in years past, we are asking patrons to get creative and design a pumpkin based on their favorite book or literary character, and enter their pumpkin to win an awesome prize.
Starting October 1st interested patrons can fill out an entry form and drop off their completed pumpkins at the library; entries must be received by October 28th at 5pm. Judging will take place on October 29th. We ask that participants read the rules below before entering their pumpkin.
- Real or fake pumpkins may be used.
- If using a real pumpkin, do not puncture the pumpkin! Only glue, tape, or other adhesive fastener may be used. No cutting, tacks, pins, or other piercing of the pumpkin is allowed to avoid rotting.
- Age groups will be: 5-8, 9-12, 13-17, and 18+
- Pumpkins should be dropped off at the library between October 1st and October 28th at 5pm.
- Entrants must complete a entry form when dropping off their pumpkin.
- Judging will take place October 29th.